Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Upcoming Election

I have been a registered voter since 1965, just 2-years shy of half a century. I am proud to declare that in these 48-years, I have never missed a chance to vote. Usually my intended voting choices are kept close to my chest, seldom shared with anyone, including my "bride" of nearly 50-years, until after I have voted. The part I played in the recently successful "campaign" to get a fireworks ban in Bellingham was one of a very few times in my life I that I publicly advocated anything. However, I believe that in the upcoming election, I need to step up with my recommendations: First of all, for Bellingham City Council, I base my choices for the Ward 6 and At-Large two-candidate contests on my fireworks bans efforts – both Pinky Vargas and Roxanne Murphy support the recently approved ban – they will get my vote. Secondly, for the Whatcom County Council, the Whatcom Wins 2013 slate is my choice. With important decisions related to coal and growth management on the horizon, keeping Ken Mann and Carl Weimer on the Council and adding Rud Browne and Barry Buchannan to the Council, is vitally important.  Later . . .