Monday, July 9, 2012

Cannot Read a Calendar

It would appear that at least one idiotic fireworks lover on the Southside cannot read a calendar. BMC 10.24.130 allows so-called safe and sane fireworks on the 4th of July and at New Years. For the past 4 evenings - the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th of July - explosions most likely caused by fireworks have shaken the earth at least once each evening. Last evening's extremely loud "sleep-stopper" was set off right around midnight. Made my 911 call, not that that did any good! Why would I want an officer to call be back in the middle of the night when all I really wanted was to go back to sleep? The fellow who took my call asked, "Was it caused by fireworks?" To which I replied, "I have no idea if it was caused by fireworks. I just want someone to find this idiot - somewhere between 20th and 22nd just north of the Parkway - and toss him in jail." I did not follow up with an E-Mail to the Chiefs, the Mayor and members of City Council - I have an idea that this year they are all very much aware of how insane the fireworks situation is in our City. I did, however, want to share my experience with you. Later . . .